Hair transplant Singapore is a simple and less invasive procedure where hair follicles are planted in the bald areas of the scalp. The process is less invasive, and the patient does not need to stay at the hospital after the hair transplant surgery and can go home immediately. However, the procedure is not entirely painless as minor incisions are made to plant the healthy hair follicles. Hence it is crucial to take good post-surgery care to experience better results. Here are few post hair transplant tips which will help in delivering effective results.
- Sleeping in a reclined position with the head elevated will reduce the inflammation caused due to the incisions as less blood will flow to the scalp. The newly transplanted hair follicles are very vulnerable as the wound is fresh. Hence it is ideal to sleep with head elevated to prevent swelling, irritation, and bleeding.
- It is recommended not to wash hair after the hair transplant Singapore surgery for at least 48 hours. Use of warm water and mild shampoo is advisable for at least first 14 days and standard hair washing procedure can be resumed after that. It is crucial to carry out hair grooming carefully till the incisions heal completely.
- Taking prescribed post hair transplant medicines as directed by your hair surgeon is essential for recovering your scalp quickly from incisions made for planting hair follicles.
- Do not touch your scalp or hair frequently till the healing process is complete which will help in reducing irritation and inflammation.
- Follow up with your doctor if you are experiencing any kind of discomfort or if the irritation continues.